Meditate to Achieve Your Goals
Your mind is like a mental muscle, and you want to start out working this muscle just as you would a bicep. By strengthening your ability to quiet your mind, you will increase your power of intent and focus. As you do so, elements of your personal and business success will start to take shape in your mind.
- Sit quietly and comfortably, in a chair or on the floor, hold your hands any way you like.
- Sit in a way that is relaxing for you.
- Close your eyes and focus on your breath going in and out.
- Take a slow deep breath in through your nose, and let it out through your mouth.
- Let your breath move freely in and out through your nose, focusing your attention on the base of your nostrils. Do this for six or seven minutes.
- You will find that your mind wanders off and becomes engaged in this thought or that thought. Don’t criticize yourself when this happens, just gently bring your attention back to a focus on the passage of your breath, slowly in and out.
- Continue sitting in that relaxed posture and watch your breath. You may have to repeatedly bring your mind back to focus on your breath, but that’s okay. Don’t let yourself think you are failing at this. You’re not.
It doesn’t matter how well you focus on your breath, what matters is that you do the exercise. Focus will become easier with time. Practice every day.
After about two weeks, extend your meditation time to 15 minutes. After another two weeks, try 30 minutes. Keep the consistency of practicing this regularly, every day. If you miss a day, treat it the same way you treat wandering focus—don’t chalk it up as failure. Resume your practice the following day.
Through meditation, you develop the ability to stay locked onto your goals like a laser—and when you do, you open the possibility for the quantum field to respond, resonate and supply all those elements you need for the fulfillment of those goals. If you practice meditation regularly, you will be amazed by how you can condition your brain and achieve your goals faster.