Make Your Affirmations Stronger with Neural Linking
Neural linking uses emotional association to deepen the impact of your affirmations. By linking your affirmations with feelings that already exist in your memory, you can create emotional anchors that will make your affirmations even more powerful.
Most likely, you have memories that are so powerful and vivid you can revisit them and feel the same way you felt when that memory was created. That’s what you need to do to create a neural link. For example, I go back to a moment and reexperience the feeling I had of being in complete control, on top of the world when I was playing an unforgettable basketball game—and then I think “I am a brilliant and savvy businessperson.”
I attach that exhilarated feeling to this new belief I want to instill, using the emotion and the neural pathways that are already in place, and associating that 30-year-old feeling with this new belief. You can put that associative trait to work for you by designing specific links for yourself.
- Search your memory banks for a positive event in your life that was especially empowering, a moment where you felt a thrill of accomplishment, excitement or triumph.
- Make a list of positive events so you can easily identify them later on.
- Close your eyes and let yourself reexperience that event and examine what you’re seeing, hearing, feeling and smelling.
- Jot down a few of the impressions you had. What feelings did this experience provoke?
- Choose one of your affirmations. In my case, I chose, “I am a brilliant and savvy businessperson,” since this is not a belief I grew up with, and yet it has been critical to my achieving success in my business visions.
- Close your eyes again and let yourself reexperience that powerful memory, evoking all the sensory impressions, feelings and emotions involved. While you are at the height of that feeling, repeat your new affirmation, either out loud or in your mind.
You will make your dreams come true faster than you ever thought possible when you imprint your affirmations to your nonconscious brain by using emotional anchors.